District Belief Statement
Kalama School District
WE BELIEVE EDUCATION IS:
- a life-long journey supported by family and community.
- the foundation of skills and knowledge for future success.
- the process to enable the individual to become a responsible, contributing member of society.
WE BELIEVE SCHOOLS:
- inspire a love of learning
- provide a save, stimulating environment with educational resources that encourage goal setting.
- are involved with students and families endeavoring to build community spirit and participation.
WE BELIEVE STUDENTS
- have ownership and vision for their education.
- as individuals want and deserve a challenging program which ensures success in deveoloping to their full potential.
WE BELIEVE TEACHERS:
- are committed to partnerships with students, parents and community in the learning process.
- provide a classroom environment that challenges, nurtures, educates, celebrates and hold accountable every child.
- need a rewarding a supportive environment.
WE BELIEVE PARENTS:
- provide for the basic needs of their children.
- are involved in their children’s educational process from the time of birth; teaching honesty, responsibility, respect and promoting the values of education.
- have a supportive partnership with their children’s schools to promote student learning.